Mark E. Payton
Biomedical Statistics, Survey Sampling, Statistics in Sports, Political Polling and Elections
1. Bennett, R.S., Payton, M.E., and Chamberlin, K.D. (2015), “Response to Oxalic Acid as a Resistance Assay for Sclerotinia minor in Peanut,” Peanut Science, vol. 42, 56-64.
2. Bhoi, P.R., Huhnke, R.L., Kumar, A., Payton, M.E., Patil, K.N., and Whiteley, J.R. (2015), “Vegetable Oil as a Solvent for Removing Producer Gas Tar Compounds,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 10, 97-104.
3. Bhoi, P.R., Huhnke, R.L., Singarapu, K., Kumar, A., and Payton, M.E. (2015), “Solubility Enhancement of Producer Gas Tar Compounds in Water Using Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate as a Surfactant,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 10, 75-79.
4. del Alamo, A., Mandsager, R.E., Reibold, T., and Payton, M.E. (2015), “Evaluation of Intravenous Administration of Alfaxalone, Propofol, and Ketamine/Diazepam for Anesthesia in Alpacas,” Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 42, 72-82.
5. Elam, M.L., Johnson, S.A., Hooshmand, S., Feresin, R.G., Payton, M.E., Gu, J., and Arjmandi, B.H. (2015), “A Calcium-Collegen Chelate Dietary Supplement Attenuates Bone Loss in Postmenopausal Women with Osteopenia: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Journal of Food Medicine, vol. 18, 324-331.
6. Forsberg, O.J., and Payton, M.E. (2015), “Analysis of Battleground State Presidential Polling Performances, 2004-2012,” Statistics and Public Policy, vol. 2, available online at DOI: 10.1080/2330443X.2015.1034389.
7. Jessie, W.P., Giles, K.L., Rebek, E.J., Payton, M.E., Jessie, C.N., and McCornack, B.P. (2015), “Preference and Performance of Hippodamia convergens (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) and Chrysoperla carnea (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae) on Brevicoryne brassicae, Lipaphis erysimi and Myzus persicae from Winter Adapted Canola,” Environmental Entomology, vol. 44, available online at DOI: 10.1093/ee/nvv068.
8. Johnson, S.A., Figueroa, A., Navaei, N., Wong, A., Kalfon, R., Ormsbee, L.T., Feresin, R.G., Elam, M.L., Hooshmand, S., Payton, M.E., and Arjmandi, B.H. (2015), “Daily Blueberry Consumption Improves Blood Pressure and Arterial Stiffness in Postmenopausal Women with Pre- and Stage 1-Hypertension,” Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, vol. 115, 369-377.
9. McKenzie, E.C., Di Concetto, S., Payton, M.E., Mandsager, R. and Arko, M. (2015), “Reduced Cardiac Output in Anesthetized Healthy Horses Premedicated with Dantrolene Sodium,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 76, 293-301.
10. Ricker, Z., Rochat, M.A., Payton, M.E. (2015), “Biomechanical Evaluation of Finger Trap Suture Variants for Securing Catheters,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 246, 515-521.
11. Simmons, A.M., Weber, D.C., Payton, M.E., Hu, J.S., and Greenstone, M.H. (2015), “Do Heteropterans Have Shorter Prey Detectability Half-lives Than Other Predators? A Test with Geocoris punctipes (Geocoridae) and Orius insidiosus (Anthocoridae),” Journal of Entomological Science, vol. 50, 99-105.
12. Taylor, J.D., Holland, B.P., Step, D.L., Payton, M.E., and Confer, A.W. (2015), “Nasal Isolation of Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida as Predictors of Respiratory Disease in Shipped Calves,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 99, 41-45.
13. Wilberger, M.S., McKenzie, E.C., Payton, M.E., Rigas, J.D., Valberg, S.J. (2015), “Prevalence of Exertional Rhabdomyolysis in Endurance Horses in the Pacific Northwestern United States,” Equine Veterinary Journal, vol. 47, 165-170.
1. “Polling is more complex than Fox News boss Roger Ailes wants you to know,” (with O. Forsberg), The Conversation, August 4, 2015,https://theconversation.com.
2. “Statistics professors give Fox News a B- on their big polling test,” (with O. Forsberg), The Conversation, August 6, 2015,https://theconversation.com.